Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Miki <ad...@alcatel.sk> on 2007/02/26 18:31:42 UTC

forcing lower score

Hello,

I need to find out if (or how) is possible to force lower score on
exact From: address. I have some customers which are sending mail from
mobile devices and thus coming from IPs of provider which are on RBL;s
Problem is that messsage get high score because RBL present of sending
server.
Basically I need set that mail from someone@company.com get -20 score.
even if address is stolen by spammer. these addresses are very rare,
but for few I need it urgently.

thank you for help/info

PM

--
Best regards,
 Miki                          mailto:adminmiki@alcatel.sk

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
John D. Hardin wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> whitelist_from ?
>
> No. whitelist_from_rcvd, whitelist_from_spf, etc.
>
> whitelist_from is a last resort as it is subject to spoofing by forged
> addresses.

Quick comment - the OP specifically asked for something "to force lower
score on exact From: address."

/Per Jessen, OZ1HZV

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Per Jessen wrote:

> whitelist_from ?

No. whitelist_from_rcvd, whitelist_from_spf, etc.

whitelist_from is a last resort as it is subject to spoofing by forged
addresses.

  Microsoft is not a standards body.
 15 days until Albert Einstein's 128th Birthday

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Miki wrote:

> I need to find out if (or how) is possible to force lower score on
> exact From: address. I have some customers which are sending mail from
> mobile devices and thus coming from IPs of provider which are on RBL;s
> Problem is that messsage get high score because RBL present of sending
> server.
> Basically I need set that mail from someone@company.com get -20 score.
> even if address is stolen by spammer. these addresses are very rare,
> but for few I need it urgently.

whitelist_from ?

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
> "perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf", look for "whitelist".

This topic reminds me of my occasional desire to be able to supply
individual score points (optional, overriding a default) with each
whitelist_from* and whitelist_from_dkim entry, taking into account
reputation of each sender, e.g.:

  whitelist_from_dkim  *@intl.paypal.com  paypal.com  -10
  whitelist_from_dkim  *@amis.net         amis.net    -20
  whitelist_from_dkim  *@yahoo.com        yahoo.com   -4.0
  whitelist_from_dkim  *@yahoo.sg         yahoo.sg    -2.5
  whitelist_from_dkim  *@gmail.com        gmail.com   -5

Would such a concept interfere with a custom of supplying
score points in a 'score' directive only? Any alternative
syntax approaches?

In a long run, some more-general 'reputatation' mechanism
may need to be invented.

  Mark

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 06:31:42PM +0100, Miki wrote:
> > Basically I need set that mail from someone@company.com get -20 score.
> > even if address is stolen by spammer. these addresses are very rare,
> > but for few I need it urgently.
>
> "perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf", look for "whitelist".

Specifically, whitelist_from_rcvd. Don't be seduced by whitelist_from.
See the list archives for why.

Re: forcing lower score

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 06:31:42PM +0100, Miki wrote:
> Basically I need set that mail from someone@company.com get -20 score.
> even if address is stolen by spammer. these addresses are very rare,
> but for few I need it urgently.

"perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf", look for "whitelist".

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"The highest patriotism is not a blind acceptance of official policy, but