Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/16 14:47:43 UTC

Group button

The Group button on the Operate Palette is perpetually grayed out. What
policy is required to allow its use? And, what is its purpose? I assume it
is to group multiple components together as a single selectable component
within the UI for doing such things as moving those elements as a single
unit.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Group button

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

For grouping (which moves the selection into a new Process Group) the
requirement currently is that selection must be disconnected. If there were
any Connections to components outside the current selection, it would
require the introduction of input/output ports in the newly create Process
Group and new Connections to/from these ports. For these more complicated
scenarios, you'll need to manually disconnect the selection, Group the
components, add appropriate ports, and reconnect.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Group button

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.