Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2003/02/10 21:39:26 UTC

[TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...

If someone is interested in the Excalibur/Framework JavaDocs for Avalon
(latest version generated daily), they're here:

<http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/avalon-api/>

GUMP doesn't seem to generate them unless I'm mistaken...

Those are cross-linked with J2SE 1.4.1, and they can be useful when
generating/reading JavaDocs for projects relying on Avalon (such as Cocoon!)

    Pier

Re: [OT][TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 13/2/03 2:58 pm, "Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>> Pier,
>>>
>>> What do you think about "All Jakarta/XML/Avalon/James/Cocoon/etc
>>> Javadoc"? I tried to generate stuff like this and it works - requires
>>> 1Gb of RAM though, but finishes in just 40-45 minutes.
>>>

>> On solaris it's going to take 3 times as much! :-) Slow filesystems in
>> writes... But if you want to do it, I'll give you an account...
>>

> Pier,
>
> So, what about this account?

I didn't see your "yes" reply... Unfortunately (fortunately) I'm in Sweden
ATM and it's kinda hard to get thru stuff... Next week...

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>On 10/2/03 20:55, "Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>

>>>If someone is interested in the Excalibur/Framework JavaDocs for Avalon
>>>(latest version generated daily), they're here:
>>>
>>><http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/avalon-api/>
>>>
>>>GUMP doesn't seem to generate them unless I'm mistaken...
>>>
>>>Those are cross-linked with J2SE 1.4.1, and they can be useful when
>>>generating/reading JavaDocs for projects relying on Avalon (such as Cocoon!)
>>>

>>Pier,
>>
>>What do you think about "All Jakarta/XML/Avalon/James/Cocoon/etc
>>Javadoc"? I tried to generate stuff like this and it works - requires
>>1Gb of RAM though, but finishes in just 40-45 minutes.
>>

>On solaris it's going to take 3 times as much! :-) Slow filesystems in
>writes... But if you want to do it, I'll give you an account...

Pier,

So, what about this account?

Vadim

Re: [OT][TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 16.27:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 14.19:

> How about that: "Alexandria = implementation of Forrest + javasrc +
> javadoc for Jakarta/XML/..."?
>
> Also, I've seen that Gump generates javadoc too... Overlap?

Not really. Gump came out of Alexandria. It exports whichever
results/reports (the "javadocs") the build asks for.

So if Alexandria were to create the integrated sites you talk about, it
should gather the Gump results, the Gump builds, the ForrestBot
executions and generate extra reports.

Seems cool!

>>> For some reason I though that this belongs to forrest... BTW, what's
>>> differences are between alexandria and forrest?
>>
>> Apart from the fact that Alexandria is dead and Forrest alive? ;-)
>> Alexanria is about generating infos about project code, Forrest for
>> making the site.
>>
>> I also asked if it made sense to put the code-insight stuff in
>> Forrest, but it was not well seen. I understand that we prefer to
>> concentrate on the core Forrest stuff, which is sites.
>>
>> That's why Alexandria is not off my radar. And that's why it makes
>> conceptual sense to do it there.
>>
>> You are the only one working on it now, so moving it to Alexandria
>> from nowhere will not kill it. And I doubt that we can have correct
>> support from the Forrest team that seems more concentrated on the site
>> stuff.
>>
>> BTW, there is a new site for Alexandria in CVS, courtesy of Forrest ;-)
>
> I went through it. Not much ;-)

That's an understatement ;-)

>> Dunno, just possibilities.
>
> I'll think about it

Ok. :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [OT][TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 14.19:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> What about Alexandria as a home for that too?
>>> Alexandria=info about projects (docs and stats)

How about that: "Alexandria = implementation of Forrest + javasrc +
javadoc for Jakarta/XML/..."?

Also, I've seen that Gump generates javadoc too... Overlap?

>> For some reason I though that this belongs to forrest... BTW, what's
>> differences are between alexandria and forrest?
>

> Apart from the fact that Alexandria is dead and Forrest alive? ;-)
> Alexanria is about generating infos about project code, Forrest for
> making the site.
>
> I also asked if it made sense to put the code-insight stuff in
> Forrest, but it was not well seen. I understand that we prefer to
> concentrate on the core Forrest stuff, which is sites.
>
> That's why Alexandria is not off my radar. And that's why it makes
> conceptual sense to do it there.
>
> You are the only one working on it now, so moving it to Alexandria
> from nowhere will not kill it. And I doubt that we can have correct
> support from the Forrest team that seems more concentrated on the site
> stuff.
>
> BTW, there is a new site for Alexandria in CVS, courtesy of Forrest ;-)

I went through it. Not much ;-)

> Dunno, just possibilities.

I'll think about it

Vadim

Re: [OT][TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 14.19:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 5.33:
>>
>>> (thinking) May be it should be part of gump?
>>
>> It was part of Gump's ancestor, Alexandria.
>> If you want to help me, we have javasrc and xsldoc to ramp up there
>> too :-)
>
> I've seen http://www.peerfear.org/alexandria/content/html/index.html,
> but it seems that alexandria generates independent (or interlinked?
> can't verify) javadocs per project. I was thinking more about aggregated
> grand javadoc for all projects. Do I make sense? :)

Yes. Alexandria is dead. I asked if they wanted to close it down, but
they said that if some are interested in restarting, it's there.
We're free to experiment.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>On 10/2/03 20:55, "Vadim Gritsenko" <va...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>

>>>If someone is interested in the Excalibur/Framework JavaDocs for Avalon
>>>(latest version generated daily), they're here:
>>>
>>><http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/avalon-api/>
>>>
>>>GUMP doesn't seem to generate them unless I'm mistaken...
>>>
>>>Those are cross-linked with J2SE 1.4.1, and they can be useful when
>>>generating/reading JavaDocs for projects relying on Avalon (such as Cocoon!)
>>>

>>Pier,
>>
>>What do you think about "All Jakarta/XML/Avalon/James/Cocoon/etc
>>Javadoc"? I tried to generate stuff like this and it works - requires
>>1Gb of RAM though, but finishes in just 40-45 minutes.
>>

>On solaris it's going to take 3 times as much! :-) Slow filesystems in
>writes...

Wow...

>But if you want to do it, I'll give you an account...

(thinking) May be it should be part of gump?
Btw, while you are at "account give-away" - I can use one on nagoya to
create load graph (see TODO on
http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/load.html)

>>PS How did you do this cross-linking stuff?
>>

>javadoc -link http://java.sun.com/wherever/the/apis/are...

So simple that it wonder that it works ;-)

Vadim

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.