Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Morris <mi...@optimad.com> on 2001/11/27 16:22:55 UTC

single thread testing - how exactly does it work?

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me. I am trying to test a site using a single
thread with a time delay of 300ms. My question is this. Does this a)
actually send a request every 300ms or b) simulate a single thread every
300ms.

If a) then surely that would mean that say I send a request at time t=0ms
the first response takes 400ms the second request would be delayed by 100ms,
say this request now takes exactly 500ms, surely that would mean that at
time t=900ms two threads should be sent simultaneously - what happens now?

Alternatively, if b) then we would expect a request to be sent every 300ms
no matter what the response times are, therefore many threads are actually
used.

Of course the answer could be c) none of the above.

I hope that this question is clearer than I think!

thanks,

Michael