Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Kushal <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/06 03:22:07 UTC

GWT Login widget

Hi I'm new to shiro and am confused.  I'm using shiro 1.2.1 + gwt + guice and want my own GWT login widget.  How should I go about doing this?

1.  The default "authc.loginUrl = /login.jsp".  This doesn't make sense for my environment (no jsps, I want my own GWT login widget), so I'd need to set this to something else, right?  Looks like I would need to point authc.loginUrl to a servlet that my GWT widget would send a POST command to?  What would the servlet's doPost() method do?

2.  Since I'm using guice, I've got my own custom ShiroWebModule instead of using .ini config files.  How can I set my "authc.loginUrl = /loginServlet" programmatically within my custom ShiroWebModule?

Am I going about this the correct
 way?   Thanks!

Re: GWT Login widget

Posted by Kushal <ku...@yahoo.com>.
My apologies for the double post of my original question.  Think I found the answers to my questions, so posting in case it's useful to others.

For #1, this is not yet possible from GWT since it is based upon javascript.  Shiro is expecting a specific URL to redirect to.  This is fine, i'll just make my own html instead.
For #2, found the answer here:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10899150/shiro-guice-where-can-i-set-the-loginurl-usernameparam-passwordparam-etc-for  Can someone please add to documentation on Shiro's website?  Preferably in this section http://shiro.apache.org/web.html#Web-InlineConfig