Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by jfloviou <jf...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/24 11:59:59 UTC

Re: Flume Appender

Hi all,

I'm digging out this Thread from December 2012 as i would like to get fresh
thoughts on these questions.

Before reading the discussion i was also hesitating between a Flume Embedded
Agent or a Flume Appender after and Asynch Appender.
Ralph performance output were very interesting but i feel like he compared
Embedded agent vs Flume Appender without Asynch, with of course great
advantage to the Embedded Agent.

=> Did anybody get to the same question and has fresh thoughts on this topic
?

Best regards

Jeff

Re: Flume Appender

Posted by Ralph Goers <rg...@apache.org>.
Just for clarification, I tested that way because we wanted to insure there would never be any data loss - which you can have with async appenders and loggers.

Sent from my iPad