Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "J.Talarczyk" <JT...@mbaum.com> on 2004/09/16 20:16:58 UTC

JNDI Database Restore

I have a web application running on one server that maintains multiple
connection pools to a varitey of InterBase databases on another server.
The databases need to be restored nightly to contain the most up to date
information. I am looking for a way to restore those databases nightly
without having to shut down Tomcat. I have already attempted the
following:

1. Shutdown the databases one by one and attempt to restore. Errors out
stating that the database may be in use.

2. Restart the InterBase sever and restore the databases. This works but
then it causes some inital connection errors on the application side.

3. Create a dummy user, shutdown the database, and attempt to restore
using the sysdba account. Datbase in use errors still occur.

Essentially I am looking for a way to flush all of the connections that
Tomcat is currently holding.  Is my only option to manage my own
connection pool, and when needed set it to null and then re-create it as
necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

This email is deemed confidential or privileged by the sender and any unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please alert Steven J. Baum, P.C. immediately. The statements contained in this email are the opinion of the sender and not that of Steven J. Baum, P.C.

This firm is attempting to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

Steven J. Baum, P.C. strives to provide exemplary service. Please feel free to contact us at feedback@mbaum.com with any comments you may have.