Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/01 00:40:03 UTC

Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git

Le 30/11/2017 à 22:32, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 10/01/2017 09:19 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For API, server, and studio we have the "value" branches. Should we
>> merge them back to trunk/master?
>>
>> Second question is if we should move to git/gitbox with all the
>> remaining projects (server, studio, mavibot, project)
>
> Now that git migration is done back to the first question :)
>
> Can we merge the "value" branches to master?
>
> The branch exists in
> * Mavibot
> * LDAP API
> * Server
> * Studio
>
> The Mavibot branch doesn't compile. However I think we don't need to
> merge it right now because the Server branch still uses 1.0.0.M8 so
> doesn't depend on the branch.
>
> The other 3 branches compile but there are some test failures (~40 in
> API, ~80 in Server, 3 in Studio excluing UI tests). Otherwise it looks
> good, I can start Studio and run an ApacheDS can connect to it :)
>
> I'd suggest we first try to fix the tests in the branch first. I'll try
> to help, probably not much in the next days but next week then.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

FTR, with my last fixes, teh LDAP API value branch now builds

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 22/12/2017 à 10:07, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> lokking at the latest commits, I see :
>>

>> [directory-ldap-api] 01/01: Merge branch 'master' into shared-value
>>
>> and
>>
>> from 19af188  Merge branch 'master' into apacheds-value
>>

>> Should I understand you merged the trunk with the value branch for both
>> the API and ApacheDS ? or is the Master also contain the value branch
>> updates ?
>
> I did the following:
>
> 1. git checkout shared-value
> 2. git merge -s ours master
> 3. git checkout master
> 4. git merge shared-value
>
> In (2) I merged the master (trunk) into the value branch using the
> "ours" merge strategy which means the value branch head wins, see [1]
> for details. Then in (4) the result was merged back to master,
> unfortunately I did a fast-forward merge so no explicit commit
> value->master is visible.
>
> But yes, the master branches contain all changes of the value branches.

Ok, thanks. That means we can now consider the value branch a dead branch.

Happy christmas !!

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

[1] https://git-scm.com/docs/git-merge#git-merge-ours

Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 13/12/2017 à 00:59, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :

>>> Studio build is also successful. I'm going to merge the value branches
>>> to master for ldap-api, server, and studio.
>>
>> +1 !
>>
>> That will solve numerous issues in the server (and in studio)
>
> Done.
>
> ldap-api and server build fine on Jenkins. Studio still has some test
> errors on Jenkins (but worked on my machine), I'll investigate in the
> next days.

Hi Stefan

lokking at the latest commits, I see :

[directory-ldap-api] 01/01: Merge branch 'master' into shared-value

and

from 19af188  Merge branch 'master' into apacheds-value

Should I understand you merged the trunk with the value branch for both
the API and ApacheDS ? or is the Master also contain the value branch
updates ?

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Merge "value" branches to trunk/master and move to git

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.