Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de> on 2010/03/31 23:21:23 UTC

Installing couchdb 0.11 on Ubuntu does not work

Hello,

with your help I've managed to install couchdb 0.10.1 on Ubuntu.

I've downloaded the tar.gz-package, unzipped it and did the same as with
version 0.10.1. not using spidermonkey, but using

D_RUN_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1.8/
./configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.8/lib/
--with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.8/include

it worked all well:

You have installed Apache CouchDB, time to relax.

and

julian@laptop:~/projekte/apache-couchdb-0.11.0$ couchdb -V
couchdb - Apache CouchDB 0.11.0

BUT

julian@laptop:~/projekte/apache-couchdb-0.11.0$ sudo couchdb

does nothing. literally. nothing happens.

what's wrong? should I remove the old installation (by hand)? are there
any log-files to look at (not the one in /usr/local/var/log/couchdb)?

Kind Regards
Julian

Re: Installing couchdb 0.11 on Ubuntu does not work

Posted by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de>.
Hi,

Julian Moritz schrieb:
> Hi,

solved my problem as follows:

Search for everything couch-related by `whereis couchdb`, deleted it and
reinstalled.

Thanks for your help!
Julian

Posted by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Paul Davis schrieb:
>>> Julian,
>>>
>>> As the user that should run couchdb can you do:
>>>
>>>     $ couchdb -i
>>>
>>> And report what's printed. If nothing other than the Erlang shell appears try:
>>>
>>>     1> application:start(couch).
>>>
>>> and report what that does.
>>>

>> I see this:
>>
>> julian@laptop:~$ couchdb -i
>> Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>> [kernel-poll:true]
>>
>> Eshell V5.7.2  (abort with ^G)
>> 1> application:start(couch).
>> {error,{not_started,crypto}}
>>

> build erlang with crypto support (with openssl).
>
> - benoit

on ubuntu that requires erlang-crypto package.

_ benoit

Re: Installing couchdb 0.11 on Ubuntu does not work

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.