Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sujitha <gs...@tce.edu> on 2010/10/13 13:00:00 UTC

Terminal Level Authentication

Hi all,
        As a part of my research i am trying to authenticate users.For
this i created a Browser Level Kerberos authentication.After that
i have identified issues related to cookies on the browser side.
        So shall i move towards terminal level authentication??
Suggestions Please.
Sujitha

This email was sent using TCEMail Service.
Thiagarajar College of Engineering
Madurai-625 015, India

Re: Terminal Level Authentication

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
On Oct 13, 2010, at 4:00 AM, Sujitha wrote:

> Hi all,
>        As a part of my research i am trying to authenticate users.For
> this i created a Browser Level Kerberos authentication.

	SPNEGO or something custom?

> After that
> i have identified issues related to cookies on the browser side.
>        So shall i move towards terminal level authentication??
> Suggestions Please.

kinit (username) will generate a TGT for a user.