Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2006/07/23 05:15:37 UTC

List welcome

We used to use have this text at the top of list subscription welcome
messages when we were at sf.net.  Always meant to get it in our
codehaus lists, but never got around to it.

What do you guys think about bringing it back?

-David

Welcome to the OpenEJB project!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need
while becoming familiar with the project.  We believe
the perspective of those who are new the project is
very valuable and we rely on your feedback to make the
project easier to use and understand for everyone.  If
you have any suggestions on ways we can help those that
are new to the project get up to speed more quickly, we
are more than willing to listen.

Conduct on the list

1. THE GOAL
    Everyone must feel free to ask questions and make
    comments without fear of being attacked, insulted,
    perceived as stupid, or looked down upon.

2. THE RULE
    All opinions, comments and questions are respected,
    appreciated and welcome.

3. THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE
    Posts lacking in patients, decorum or
    constructiveness will not be tolerated on this list.

Re: List welcome

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 7/23/06, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
> We used to use have this text at the top of list subscription welcome
> messages when we were at sf.net.  Always meant to get it in our
> codehaus lists, but never got around to it.
>
> What do you guys think about bringing it back?

Why not! People, esp. those who are new to oss, will likely appreciate it.

+1

Do you know how to turn it on @incubator?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: List welcome

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
It's all set.  Joe Schaefer on the Infrastructure team set this up
for us last night on our user and dev lists.

Thanks, Joe!

-David

Re: List welcome

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: List welcome

Posted by Mohammed Nour <no...@gmail.com>.
+1
But you forgot to add that they can embarrass anyone in OEJB team freely on
this list =P