Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org> on 2008/01/29 19:45:45 UTC

Re: [struts] help with execAndWait

Mazhar, Osman (Home Office) wrote:
> I am trying to use the execAndWait interceptor.

If this bean is retrieved from your DB, then it's likely the DB session
is being closed.

http://wiki.opensymphony.com/display/WW/HibernateAndSpringEnabledExecuteAndWaitInterceptor

-Dale

Re: [struts] help with execAndWait

Posted by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org>.
Mazhar, Osman (Home Office) wrote:
> I turned debug level logging for struts and xwork packages.
> I see that the ParametersInterceptor is being called indeed for both
> scenarios (with or without execAndWait)
>
> However, one interesting thing is when I comment out the "delay" and
> "delaySleepInterval" params from the execAndWait interceptor, I don't
> get this problem.
>
> Maybe this problem has to do with timing? Not sure but this is weird...

If you set those parameters in a stack definition, and then refer to
that stack in the action, what happens?

-Dale

RE: [struts] help with execAndWait

Posted by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org>.

Posted by "Mazhar, Osman (Home Office)" <Os...@lls.org>.
That is an interesting point. The bean is a hibernate object, however, I
am not retrieving it from the database, but rather only trying to
populate it from the form values.

So, it's a CREATE operation if you look at it from the CRUD perspective.

After reading on HibernateAndSpringEnabledExecuteAndWaitInterceptor,
what I understand is it would be necessary for objects being populated
from the database (using Hibernate obviously)

Unless I'm mistaken....