Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Skorupski Pawel ,(PZUZ)" <P....@pzuzycie.com.pl> on 2002/06/20 10:21:21 UTC

authentication in Tomcat

Hi,

I have set up a realm:

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/autoryzacja?user=admin&amp;password=ad
min"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

Now Tomcat gives me an error "invalid authorization specification" for
admin@localhost, but I have the database 'autoryzacja', table 'users' with
user admin and the password 'admin' , table 'user_roles' and role_name
'admin' in proper columns.
I put also user 'admin' and 'localhost' with all privileges in a table
'user' in 'mysql' database.

Now have no idea what is wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Pawel

Re: authentication in Tomcat

Posted by Kalaiselvan <ka...@kalaiselvan.com>.
Hello Mr. P.SKorupski

 I had the same problem using the this examples...
when i made these changes in that script it works ok.

Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
 driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
 connectionName="admin"
connectionPassword="sa"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/autoryzacja"
               userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

Hope this will work

Kalaiselvan.S

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>