Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 07:01:35 UTC

Question on Promoted services

I was playing with implementation.das to make it more flexible, and
came across an issue, that I'm not sure it's a bug in my code or in
our core runtime.

In summary, I have the following composite :

<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
    xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
	targetNamespace="http://sample/das"
	name="das">

    <service name="CompanyServiceComponent" promote="CompanyComponent">
        <interface.java
interface="org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.das.company.CompanyService"/>
    </service>

    <component name="CompanyComponent">
        <tuscany:implementation.das config="/CompanyConfig.xml"
dataAccessType="rdb">
           <tuscany:connectionInfo>
	   </tuscany:connectionInfo>
	</tuscany:implementation.das>
    </component>
</composite>

When I try to get a reference to the CompanyServiceComponent, looks
like the only way i could make it work is doing something like this...

scaDomain.getService(CompanyService.class,
"CompanyComponent/$promoted$.CompanyServiceComponent");

Shouldn't I be able to do only :

scaDomain.getService(CompanyService.class, "CompanyServiceComponent");

Below is a link for the testCase and Composite

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/implementation-das/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/implementation/das/company/CompanyServiceTestCaseFIXME.java
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/implementation-das/src/test/resources/company.composite

--
Luciano Resende