Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Archimedes <Ar...@amigafiles.com> on 2000/07/28 23:10:07 UTC

I give....

Ok, so I'm trying to Install this TomCat stuff on apache on Windows 2000.
and I start the  Webserver without the TomCat stuff, it works and
responds... if I tell it to include the generated tomcat-apache.conf file,
and restart the server, it stops responding. And after a while I check the
Services window, it tells me Apache has stopped.. if I check the error.log
file, it gives me this every now and then:

[Fri Jul 28 15:32:29 2000] [error] (24)Too many open files: could not open
mime types log file d:/apache/conf/mime.types.

this is the tomcat-apache.conf file:

**************Start .conf file *******************
LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples D:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\examples
<Directory "D:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test D:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\test
<Directory "D:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT
**************End .conf file *******************

I have the include at the very beginning of the httpd.conf file:

#
# Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool.
#
# This is the main Apache server configuration file.  It contains the
*****SNIP***********
# ... blah blah blah.....
*****SNIP***********
#
# NOTE: Where filenames are specified, you must use forward slashes
# instead of backslashes (e.g., "c:/apache" instead of "c:\apache").
# If a drive letter is omitted, the drive on which Apache.exe is located
# will be used by default.  It is recommended that you always supply
# an explicit drive letter in absolute paths, however, to avoid
# confusion.
#

# ALL INCLUDES, GO HERE.

# Include for PHP

# Include for TomCat
INCLUDE d:/Apache/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf
*****SNIP***********

Can anybody give me clue where to look?... I new to the whole JSP thing, and
frankly I don't exactly under stand what the whole context thing is all
about either...

Sorry guy's & gal's, I know how much you like these posts, but I'm supposed
to be learning this, and time is running out... ;)

Thanks...

Michael L Smith

ALLTEL Information Services
Emerging Technology Solutions
(501) 220-8551
Michael.L.Smith@alltel.com
--
The greatest programming project ever, took 6 days and 6 nights and on the
7th day the programmer rested...