Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/11/02 10:58:42 UTC

Maven 3.x Support

Hi,

as expected we can use the existing Maven 2.x builder for Maven 3.x as
well, I only needed to ensure the environment variable M2_HOME is
overridden when invoking Maven 3.x since the mvn wrapper script uses
this to locate Maven's jars for 3.x as well.

I've merged the code and have installed Maven 3.0 on both machines, so
we can now use Maven 3.x as well.

Inside the code I've renamed a few classes - we used to have "Maven" and
"Maven2" classes, they now are "Maven1" and "Maven".

I've introduced <mvn1> as an alias for the old <maven> and <mvn2> as an
alias for the old <mvn> and added <mvn3> for Maven 3.x builds - at one
point we should probably replace all usage of "mvn" with "mvn2" to make
things clearer.

Documenation needs to be adapted, I intend to do that tomorrow morning.

Stefan

Re: Maven 3.x Support

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-02, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> as expected we can use the existing Maven 2.x builder for Maven 3.x as
>> well, I only needed to ensure the environment variable M2_HOME is
>> overridden when invoking Maven 3.x since the mvn wrapper script uses
>> this to locate Maven's jars for 3.x as well.

> You don't have to set this environment variable at all. Simply start the
> appropriate mvn script and the script will set the home on its own.

I know, but we alread set M2_HOME for Gump internal purposes (and I've
introduced a new M3_HOME for this as well).  So I had the choice of
explicitly unsetting or overwriting it and the later turned out to be
less invasive on the existing code.

Stefan

Re: Maven 3.x Support

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as expected we can use the existing Maven 2.x builder for Maven 3.x as
> well, I only needed to ensure the environment variable M2_HOME is
> overridden when invoking Maven 3.x since the mvn wrapper script uses
> this to locate Maven's jars for 3.x as well.

You don't have to set this environment variable at all. Simply start the
appropriate mvn script and the script will set the home on its own.

> I've merged the code and have installed Maven 3.0 on both machines, so
> we can now use Maven 3.x as well.
>
> Inside the code I've renamed a few classes - we used to have "Maven" and
> "Maven2" classes, they now are "Maven1" and "Maven".
>
> I've introduced <mvn1> as an alias for the old <maven> and <mvn2> as an
> alias for the old <mvn> and added <mvn3> for Maven 3.x builds - at one
> point we should probably replace all usage of "mvn" with "mvn2" to make
> things clearer.
>
> Documenation needs to be adapted, I intend to do that tomorrow morning.

- Jörg