Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David & Louise Koch <dn...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/06 23:43:10 UTC

Auto Spell Check not working on laptop, but does on desktop

Using Win10 Home, up to date.

I mostly use my desktop computer to write a text file using AOO, but am
on the road now and had to use my laptop (Lenovo U430) to write a
one-page text article for someone.  I was puzzled to find that the auto
spell check did not work, as it does on my desktop at home.

I checked settings, looked for solutions (mostly found from 2012 - Win7)
and tried many to no avail.  Am using simple US-English, the default
language.  The ABC underscore button is highlighted. In Tools \ Language
"For Selection" USA-English is always checked, but in "for Paragraph"
and "for All Text", USA-English is not checked and checking them
manually does not "stick".  Starting a new File\Text Document does not
improve the situation.

When I get home I'll compare settings in the two computers, but in the
meantime, do you have any suggestions to get auto spell check to work?

--David

Re: Auto Spell Check not working on laptop, but does on desktop

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Forwarding to list.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.