Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/08/04 16:48:02 UTC

Re: How to write a java topic/queue consumer (MDB?) and deploy it INSIDE ActiveMQ?

Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> One way to do it is to put your jar in the lib/ folder and use
> ActiveMQ Spring configuration to boot it.

So ok, let's take the source from this webpage:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

I compiled successfully the Server and MessageProtocol class and put it into
target.jar.
As you suggested I copied the target.jar now to ActiveMQ\lib directory.

And now?

How do I exactly specify that this bean should be launched at startup of
ActiveMQ
for listening at queue "client messages"?

Is this a suitable bean at all?
What about the main() method and the BrokerService setup?
Is this necessary/required?

But the main question again: How do I EXACTLY specify in activemq.xml
this bean?

Thank you
Ben

Re: How to write a java topic/queue consumer (MDB?) and deploy it INSIDE ActiveMQ?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Ben,

you do it like you'd do it for any other Spring application.

You should get familiar with Spring a bit more to achieve it
http://www.springsource.org/documentation

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net