Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> on 2003/10/14 04:30:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Release Candidate 2

The Jakarta Commons HttpClient development team is pleased to announce
the release of HttpClient 2.0 RC2.  This release consists primarily of
bug fixes and will hopefully be the last RC release. Please visit the
HttpClient website <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/> and
download this latest release.

The following changes have been made since Release Candidate 1:

  * 23708 - Added try/catch blocks around calls to System.getProperty().

  * 23431 - Added support for disabling transfer-encoding and
content-type headers in
    multi-part posts.

  * 23663 - Changed HttpMethodBase to release its HttpConnection when a
recoverable
    exception occurs.

  * Javadoc enhancements.

  * 23284 - Fixed bug with URI.isIPv4address().

  * 22969 - PostMethod#setParameter fixed to correctly overwrite
existing parameters.

  * 22970 - Fixed bug with PostMethod#removeParameter return value.

  * Improved compliance to RFC 2617

  * 22926 - Added support for digest auth MD5-sess.

  * 22655 - Added support for stale digest nonce values.

  * 22968 - HttpConnection.isResponseAvailable() made a little more
robust, particularly when
    used by HeadMethod.

  * 22941 - Switched the order in which socket streams are closed:
output stream closed first,
    followed by input stream.

  * Added debugging for connection reclaiming.

  * Removed JCE initialization code specific to the Sun's implementation.

  * Fixed problem of Basic, Digest & NTLM authentication schemes under
certain circumstances
    leaking passwords in clear text to the DEBUG log.

  * Fixed the problem with incorrect selection of the proxy
authentication realm.

  * Changed URI.normalize() to ignore relative path normalization.

Thank you,

Commons HttpClient Development Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Final

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@intencha.com>.
On 17/2/04 1:14 PM, "Michael Becke" <be...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> Thanks for adding the jar to ibiblio.  I added the jar to
> '/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-httpclient/' and
> thought this was supposed to replicate with ibiblio.  Perhaps this is
> not working correctly.
>
> There's no real reason it's called 2.0 final I guess.  This was just
> the value I chose.  We can certainly rename it to just 2.0.  What does
> everyone think?
>
> Mike

2.0 is a lot more predictable so I'd change to that instead.  We postfix all
our development versions anyway so it's clear that it's the final version by
the lack of a postfix.

BTW, great work to all involved in the release!  It's nice to finally have
it out the door.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.

Intencha "tomorrow's technology today"
Ph: 38478913 0422236329
Suite 8/29 Oatland Crescent
Holland Park West 4121
Australia QLD
www.intencha.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Final

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
I also cut a snapshot of the math project into java-repository. It did
not replicate to ibiblio. I talked with Jason last night, he's trying to
trace through the problem.

-Mark

Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Final

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Nope, there isn't. I'm just researching another issue with Maven and md5
checksum generation that is not an issue with your particular case. If
you had used Maven to generate the md5 I would have been very curious of
your settings, but since you didn't...

thnx,
Mark

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
I use the following (there's a script on ibiblio for that in maven/:
create-checksums):

md5sum $i | sed 's/ .*$//' > $i.md5

-Vincent

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Final

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Ok, there is still a

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Final

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Vincent,

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
[...]

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> wrote on 14/10/2003 01:50:01 PM:

> Do you think that it would be warranted for HttpClient?  Is this
Why not? It's software installed by a user.

> something that Maven supports, or is there any kind of Apache standard?

maven doesn't support it yet, but we are working on it. There's no Apache
Standard AFAIK, but Tomcat does ship a win32.exe, as does httpd and Maven
:-)

Have a look @ maven's installer if you're on windows.
See http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/maven-1.0-rc1.exe
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Commons HttpClient 2.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.