Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2010/04/16 05:42:28 UTC

lets not forget we are a CTR PMC

Thats Commit Then Review.  Its a VC we can always revert things.

The RTC (Review Then Committ) suggestion is only for new committers
while they get acclimated. Unless its some massive architectural change
which will probably be prose explanation anyway.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: lets not forget we are a CTR PMC

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
On 10-04-16 15:01 , Fred Moyer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Philip M. Gollucci
> <pg...@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
>> Thats Commit Then Review.  Its a VC we can always revert things.
>
> True, but I think that reverting things rarely (if ever) happens.
>
>> The RTC (Review Then Committ) suggestion is only for new committers while
>> they get acclimated. Unless its some massive architectural change which will
>> probably be prose explanation anyway.
>
> I think this is still worthwhile even for veteran committers (note
> that I'm not one of those!).  Once code is committed, I think there is
> less motivation to review it, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, but there is nothing wrong with asking for a few set of eyeballs to
have a look at code before checking it in.

I am very comfortable complaining or reverting what I think is bad code
getting checked in. OTOH, if you want to post patches and ask for review
*before* you commit, I don't mind at all.

I think it's a matter of coder's confidence in the code in question.

But yeah, it's good to clarify that if you got a commit bit, you don't
*need* to wait for +1s, review, or anything else before landing changes.

Re: lets not forget we are a CTR PMC

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.