Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2015/02/02 12:42:27 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Dev git setup

OK,

I was trying to check out a pull request today and I realized there is
something missing from this setup.
Namely, we need a remote for the Apache GitHub mirror because pull requests
are submitted there.
So my revised setup is now:

→ git remote -v
apache https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
apache https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-samoa.git (push)
origin git@github.com:gdfm/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
origin git@github.com:gdfm/incubator-samoa.git (push)
upstream git@github.com:apache/incubator-samoa.git (fetch)
upstream git@github.com:apache/incubator-samoa.git (push)

And if I want to checkout a pull request I can simply do:
git fetch upstream pull/<pr_id>/head:<branch_name>

E.g., git fetch upstream pull/2/head:SAMOA-6 creates a branch SAMOA-6 with
the pull request checked out.

Cheers,

--
Gianmarco

On 28 January 2015 at 10:22, Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gdfm@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Dev git setup

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
OK.

I just saw this one line in your output:

> > upstream git@github.com:apache/incubator-samoa.git (push)

I wasn't sure what you were doing, but wanted to give as many answers as
possible.

Re: [DISCUSS] Dev git setup

Posted by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Dev git setup