Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Aldrich <Da...@EMEA.NEC.COM> on 2014/03/12 15:43:17 UTC

How to do a partial merge from branch to trunk?

Hi

I am working on a branch and I want to feed some (but not all) of my changes back into the trunk and then to continue work on the branch.

Please will someone advise me of the correct way to handle this situation?

Best regards

David

RE: How to do a partial merge from branch to trunk?

Posted by David Aldrich <Da...@EMEA.NEC.COM>.
Hi Bob

Understood. Thanks for your reply.

David

> I am working on a branch and I want to feed some (but not all) of my
> changes back into the trunk and then to continue work on the branch.
>
> Please will someone advise me of the correct way to handle this situation?
>
> Best regards
>
> David

Generally the smallest unit you can merge is a single changeset. Check out the docs on merging and look for the Cherrypicking section.

 Click https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/bcXItoTZgCjGX2PQPOmvUoXR17WSa92v1rnK1DZKkWNxO0ZbWdUlxaBFThUi75+9gfoCO8sfTsFfcZxYauAECA==  to report this email as spam.

RE: How to do a partial merge from branch to trunk?

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.