Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Raible, Matt" <Ma...@cable.comcast.com> on 2003/03/26 19:08:41 UTC

RE: [BeanUtils] ConvertUtils.setDefaultLong() deprecated?

I just upgraded from Struts 1.1 RC1 to last nights build and now I'm getting
the following error:

warning: setDefaultLong(long) in org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils
has been deprecated
    [javac]         ConvertUtils.setDefaultLong(0);

However, it's not deprecated in the JavaDocs (http://tinyurl.com/87ej).  Is
there a replacement?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
my apologies. it appears that something went wrong with the release java
docs. (the deprecation warnings are fine in CVS HEAD).

setDefaultLong has been deprecated. it is suggested that you use register
the converters directly. eg

    ConvertUtils.register(new LongConverter(defaultLong), Long.TYPE);
    ConvertUtils.register(new LongConverter(defaultLong), Long.class);

- robert