Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Lehnen <mi...@tesla.de> on 2003/12/15 16:08:56 UTC

Starting tomcat 5 as a service with parameters on win32

Hello,

we would like to install tomcat5 with one of our applications and we
have a problem with creating the service with the needed parameters for
our web-application.

With tomcat 4 we did it with a batch file. This is the content of the
batch file:

c:\Tomcat\bin\Tomcat.exe -install Application
C:\jdk\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-DJTheseusIniHome=C:\
-Djava.class.path=C:\Tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Tomcat\bin\servlet.jar;
C:\jdk\lib\tools.jar
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Tomcat
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start
-stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop
-out C:\Tomcat\logs\stdout.log
-err C:\Tomcat\logs\stderr.log

"JTheseusinihome" is the path to the configuration file for our
application.

With tomcat 5 the batch file doesn't work. Tomcat ignores use these
parameters at startup.

- How can we create the service with tomcat 5?
- Do we have to define the parameters in the server.xml?
- Do we have to change our existing batch file for tomcat 5?
- Shall we define the needed parameters as system variables?

Kind regards

Michael Lehnen