Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/11/08 23:33:14 UTC

Re: testing forrest-0.8 as WAR in Jetty and Tomcat

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 David Crossley wrote:

> Would developers please try to use the current forrest
> trunk 0.8-dev as a WAR archive in Jetty and Tomcat.
>
> Do ...
> cd my-new-directory
> forrest seed-sample war
>
> Then deploy the my-project.war to your servlet container.
>
> Then try it on a site that uses your favourite plugins.
>
> This is needed to progress towards the 0.8 release.
>
> We need reports for various versions of Jetty and Tomcat,
> so we need multiple developers to help with this testing.

Please, pretty please. Reports of success are good too.

We especially need to know that plugin deployment works properly.
The "seed-sample" site only includes the PDF plugin.

It would also be good to hear that Dispatcher works properly
in webapp mode.

If there are any out-of-the-ordinary configuration,
then please say. One of us can make a doc about
deployment issues for various situations.

-David

Re: testing forrest-0.8 as WAR in Jetty and Tomcat

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ray Mendonsa wrote:
> Ahhh.  But then I stumbled upon this thread:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=113448256225368&w=2

Yes, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-735
Thanks for finding that patch which disappeared in the
mail archive. I linked it to the jira issue.

> So now I know the plugins are deployed in war target only.  I confirmed that
> feeder *was* deploying OK if I used war target. In my setup (Forrest cmd
> line on WinXp/Java 1.5.0_06, war running on FC2 Linux/Java 1.5.0_09/Tomcat
> 5.0.30)

Thanks for testing the 'forrest war'.

-David

RE: testing forrest-0.8 as WAR in Jetty and Tomcat

Posted by Ray Mendonsa <ra...@linklord.com>.
wrt plugin deployment, I did confirm that the feeder plugin was not deployed
for me with the current 0.80-dev code with 'forrest webapp' run under Tomcat
5.0.30 on FC2 Linux under Java 1.5.0_09.  Feeder plugin was working OK with
'forrest run'.  Note 'forrest webapp' was run on Windows with 1.5.0_06 JDK
for this test.

There's an error reading
file:<contextpath>/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/loca
tionmap.xml .  There's /build/plugins/ folder in the output of 'forrest
webapp'.

I will look into it myself, but it will take me a while because I'm a
Forrest n00b and don't know the correct behaviors with certainty.

Ray

====
ERROR   (2006-11-09) 21:32.56:820   [core.modules.mapper.lm] (/)
TP-Processor3/SelectNode: Ignoring locationmap config exception: Unable to
build LocationMap.
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable to
build LocationMap.
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MountNode.loadConfiguration(MountNode.java
:129)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MountNode.getLocationMap(MountNode.java:87
)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MountNode.locate(MountNode.java:157)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.SelectNode.locate(SelectNode.java:110)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocatorNode.locate(LocatorNode.java:122)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocationMap.locate(LocationMap.java:276)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MountNode.locate(MountNode.java:157)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.SelectNode.locate(SelectNode.java:110)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocatorNode.locate(LocatorNode.java:122)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocationMap.locate(LocationMap.java:276)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.LocationMapModule.getAttribute(LocationMapMod
ule.java:181)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolve
r.processModule(PreparedVariableResolver.java:246)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolve
r.resolve(PreparedVariableResolver.java:197)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SelectNode.invoke(SelectN
ode.java:77)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:155)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:95)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con
creteTreeProcessor.java:292)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(Con
creteTreeProcessor.java:223)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:289)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:364)
        at
FilterChain.java:252)
        at
ain.java:173)
        at
va:214)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:198)
        at
va:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
:109)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:300)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:374)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:675)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
        at
a:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException:
file:<contextpath>/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/loca
tionmap.xml doesn't exist.
        at
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource.getInputStream(FileSource.java:1
50)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MountNode.loadConfiguration(MountNode.java
:125)
        ... 49 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
<contextpath>/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.feeder/locationm
ap.xml (No such file or directory)
        at
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource.getInputStream(FileSource.java:1
46)
        ... 50 more