Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/27 18:08:24 UTC

[Axis2] Setting InOnly operations as accepted

hi all,

The following code segment is there with the DispatchPhase.java class.
if (isOneway(mepString)) {
                Object requestResponseTransport =
                        msgContext.getProperty(
RequestResponseTransport.TRANSPORT_CONTROL);
                if (requestResponseTransport != null) {
                    ((RequestResponseTransport)
requestResponseTransport).acknowledgeMessage(msgContext);
                }
            }

Here the idea is to set the response as Accepted if the operation is one
way. This is correct according to the Axis2 logic.
But this gives a problem to RM (for piggy back model).
There it is supposed to send a response in the back channel for inonly
operations as well.

On the other hand only ServletRequestResponseTransport has done this. the
HttpCoreRequestResponseTransport and SimpleHTTPRequestResponseTransport has
not done this.

So shall we remove this? Any thoughts?

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [Axis2] Setting InOnly operations as accepted

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, and the DISABLE_RESPONSE_ACK property exists to allow the RM
implementation to indicate that the ack should be avoided.
I've run into this problem with Sandesha2 over the last few days, and
I *think* the right solution is for Sandesha2 to set that property.
Are you also working with Sandesha2 or something else?
Cheers,
David

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.