Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Swaminathan Gurumoorthy <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/11 21:37:14 UTC

Newbie: Using "property" attribute in bean:write

I have a value object which has a invoice date (String). I have two getMethods in my value object

private String invoiceDate;

public String getInvoiceDate() {

return invoiceDate;

}

public String getDisplayInvoiceDate() {

return DateUtils.formatDate(invoiceDate);

}

Note that my getDisplayInvoiceDate is just a helper method to format bean property "invoiceDate"

Now in my jsp, if I want to display the formatted invoicedate like this

I wud think Struts just call getDisplayInvoiceDate() on the bean and display the value.

On the contrary, I get an error

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception thrown by getter for property displayInvoiceDate of bean detail

Does this mean, Stuts expects a  property "displayInvoiceDate " in my bean?

How do I overcome this?

Thanks

Swami