Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "von Janowsky, Simon" <vo...@consist.de> on 2008/10/29 17:19:46 UTC

maven release plugin, set scm from commandline

  Hi all,
another relase plugin question,
before calling the release:perform goal i have to add a <scm> element to the
POM
and commit the POM.

<scm>

<connection>scm:svn:svn://subversionserver/repo/project/tags/builds/1.0.0-SN
APSHOT/BUILD-2</connection>
</scm>

Is there a way to add the <scm> from the command line without altering the
POM?

Best regards,
Simon.

Re: maven release plugin, set scm from commandline

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:19 AM, von Janowsky, Simon
<vo...@consist.de> wrote:

> another relase plugin question,
> before calling the release:perform goal i have to add a <scm> element to the
> POM
> and commit the POM.
>
> <scm>
> <connection>scm:svn:svn://subversionserver/repo/project/tags/builds/1.0.0-SN
> APSHOT/BUILD-2</connection>
> </scm>

It's unusual to have a snapshot under a tag.  The release process
normally creates the tag for you, starting from trunk or a branch, and
once it's tagged it doesn't change.

> Is there a way to add the <scm> from the command line without altering the
> POM?

Not that I know of... you can set the tagBase, but the scm info is
expected to be in the pom.

Maybe if you describe your use case someone will have a better suggestion?

--
Wendy