Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Green <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 22:14:33 UTC

message-id format

I am trying to debug a little of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2923 which I created.

To help, could someone very quickly document how the message-id gets
created? I.e. X-Y-Z what's the X, the Y and the Z?

I'm trying to write a script to reproduce the problem and so far I've failed
so I'm digging into the stomp trace for ideas. :(

Jams

Re: message-id format

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
best reference is the code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/util/IdGenerator.java?view=markup

A connection Id uses the above generator, which forms the basis for a
session id, which forms the basis for a producer id which forms the
basis for a message id, each by appending or incrementing an
additional ':' separated field.

--
http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com