Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu> on 2001/10/27 22:36:09 UTC

using Apache and Tomcat 4.0

Hi there,

 	I am trying to integrate Apache-1.20 and Tomcat-4.0 via
webapp_module. I have done next steps:

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp my_host:8008
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

And of course I have restarted both Apache and Tomcat. But When I enter in
browser http://myhost/examples it doesn't work! and
http://myhost:8080/examples works fine. Can anybody help me or at list
tell me wher to find some docs about that.
				Ilic Aleksandar

Re: using Apache and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Here's what's in my dev system.  I used the INSTALL.txt file distributed with
the mod_webapp source as a doc reference for this (attached).

# This is put in httpd.conf after the last LoadModule directive --
LoadModule webapp_module      modules/mod_webapp.so

# This is put in httpd.conf after the last AddModule directive --
AddModule mod_webapp.c

# I put this is httpd.conf after the above AddModule directive --
WebAppConnection  tomcat4_connect  warp  localhost:8008

# I entered this in commonhttpd.conf (Mandrake 8 dist of Apache 1.3.19)
# Don't know if commonhttpd.conf is a part of other Apache installs
<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
  WebAppDeploy examples	tomcat4_connect		/warp_examples
  WebAppDeploy cocoon		tomcat4_connect		/warp_cocoon
  WebAppDeploy henry		tomcat4_connect		/henry
</IfModule>

Aliasing is not required as all requests to http://localhost/warp_examples
are sent through the warp connection defined by 'tomcat4_connect' to the
examples context in Tomcat.  Static content included.

Read through the INSTALL.txt I've included from one of the recent mod_webapp
nightly snapshots.  The log files should be able to offer some information on
what's happening as well.

--David Smith

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
This _really_ looks like a problem with your <VirtualHost> section... You
must have enable name-based virtual hosts, and did put WebAppDeploy outside
of your <VirtualHost> section (maybe the default, the first one?)

    Pier

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> Hi Alek !
> When u say http://myhost/examples , this inturn means
> http://myhost:80/examples . But u have configured ur server at
> http://myhost:8080/examples. Hence itz not working.

Alek used WebAppDeploy, so it should make a mapping inside Apache, to forward all requests on /examples/ to WARP connection. The fact that the content can be accessed via port 8080 means that he has both HTTP service and WARP service enabled. Or at least HTTP... Is WARP working? See "netstat -a | grep 8008"

Nix.

Re: using Apache and Tomcat 4.0

Posted by Ilic Aleksandar <fl...@gavrilo.elfak.ni.ac.yu>.
Hi,

	But I want my apache to serv static pages and I want apache to
redirect connections to tomcat when I use  .jsp and servlets . I want ot
have some app on my apache and that app is made in java but I can use that
app only through 8080 port, and thats tomcat port. I can, of course assign
port 80 to tomcat but in that case I still don;t have apache for serving
static pages. And by the way, I need apache cause I have some application
writen in php and tcl and like CGI , so tomcat must run on some port and
be used only for procesing java code. ANd I don;t want to type port number
in URL.
					Ilic Aleksandar

Posted by ash s <sr...@wipro.com>.
Hi Alek !