Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/09 20:20:16 UTC

Apache MCF 1.6.1 issue

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed Apache MCF 1.6.1 source locally. I built it
using three commands : ant make-core-deps, ant make-deps & ant build.

Everything went smooth. Then i started MCF & created an output connection
to Sols and 3 different repository connections to Alfresco using CMIS,
Sharepoint and Shared Drive. I have used my custom code placed into
repository connectors to get extra fields for solr index.

Then i created three jobs using above three repository connections. First i
started Alfresco job, it works fine.

Then i tried with Sharepoint and Shared Drives but these were not returning
any results into Solr index. I tried a couple of times then Sharepoint
returned results but Shared Drive still did not return any results.

I thought that it may be due to my custom code so i downloaded new source
package again and built it using OOTB code and repeated same process.This
time also CMIS worked smoothly but rest two jobs were behaving weirdly.

Is anybody else getting similar issues or am i not going right way?

Pleas help.

Regards,
Lalit Jangra.

Re: Apache MCF 1.6.1 issue

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lalit,

MCF is incremental, so if it crawls documents that haven't changed it won't
reindex.

You can make it "forget" what it indexed before by clicking the appropriate
button on the output connection's view page.  See the end user
documentation.

Thanks,
Karl

Re: Apache MCF 1.6.1 issue

Posted by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

Sometimes its working and indexing in case of remote sharepoint & remote
shared drives. But other times its crawling but not indexing.

Regards.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then can you please describe what you mean by "odd behavior"?
>
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM, lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> I could not not see any error in logs & its clean.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Lalit.
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lalit,
>>>
>>> Were there any errors in the log?
>>>
>>> Karl

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Lalit Jangra.

Lalit Jangra.

Re: Apache MCF 1.6.1 issue

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache MCF 1.6.1 issue

Posted by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

I could not not see any error in logs & its clean.

Regards,
Lalit.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lalit,
>
> Were there any errors in the log?
>
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:20 PM, lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have downloaded and installed Apache MCF 1.6.1 source locally. I built
>> it using three commands : ant make-core-deps, ant make-deps & ant build.
>>
>> Everything went smooth. Then i started MCF & created an output connection
>> to Sols and 3 different repository connections to Alfresco using CMIS,
>> Sharepoint and Shared Drive. I have used my custom code placed into
>> repository connectors to get extra fields for solr index.
>>
>> Then i created three jobs using above three repository connections. First
>> i started Alfresco job, it works fine.
>>
>> Then i tried with Sharepoint and Shared Drives but these were not
>> returning any results into Solr index. I tried a couple of times then
>> Sharepoint returned results but Shared Drive still did not return any
>> results.
>>
>> I thought that it may be due to my custom code so i downloaded new source
>> package again and built it using OOTB code and repeated same process.This
>> time also CMIS worked smoothly but rest two jobs were behaving weirdly.
>>
>> Is anybody else getting similar issues or am i not going right way?
>>
>> Pleas help.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Lalit Jangra.

Lalit Jangra.