Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> on 2011/12/12 03:37:30 UTC

[lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Peter Karman wrote on 11/21/11 9:06 PM:
> What stands in our way for a 0.3.0 release?

AFAICS, these are the outstanding issues blocking a 0.3.0 release:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY/fixforversion/12317044

Are there any other issues you are aware of?

I've taken the liberty of zapping the 0.2.3 release tickets in Jira since that
release appears superseded in favor of a 0.3.0. If there are objections, please
raise them here; I'll consider 0.2.3 a non-starter via lazy concensus if I've
heard nothing otherwise in 72 hours.

Consider this email me volunteering to catherd the 0.3.0 release toward the
finish line.

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
On 12/21/11 8:36 AM, Peter Karman wrote:

> Marvin finished LUCY-142 last night, so as of this morning all
> 0.3.0-related tickets are resolved.
>
> Since this is such a significant release (i.e. lots of svn churn) I'd
> like to propose that we approach the release in the following way:
>
> * create a 0.3.0 branch from trunk
>
> * build and release a 0.2.9_01 version to CPAN so we can get some
> cpantesters feedback in advance of an official 0.3.0 release
>
> * pending cpantesters feedback, create a 0.3.0 RC1 for an official VOTE
> thread on this list
>
> If I don't hear objections to this approach, I'll claim lazy concensus
> and start executing after Dec 25.

/me claims lazy concensus.

I will cut the 0.3 branch from trunk tonight. If you have any pending
commits to trunk, please make them or let me know that I would hold off
on the branch.

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 12/12/11 6:06 PM:

> JIRA has an option to "archive" an unreleased version; I used it previously
> for 0.1.1.  We should do the same for 0.2.3.  Directions for navigating JIRA
> are tedious to write out, so catch me on #lucy_dev.

done. thanks.

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 13/12/11 01:06, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> Nick, can you please try assigning those two issues to yourself and then
> resolve them?  I just updated our JIRA "roles", so if there's anything you
> weren't able to do before, you ought to be able to do it now.

Yes, now I'm allowed assign issues to myself and resolve them. I did so
for LUCY-182, LUCY-191, and LUCY-196.

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] Re: 0.3.0

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 08:37:30PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> Peter Karman wrote on 11/21/11 9:06 PM:
> > What stands in our way for a 0.3.0 release?
>
> AFAICS, these are the outstanding issues blocking a 0.3.0 release:
>
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY/fixforversion/12317044

(FWIW, you actually need to click on the "eye" icon to get a complete list of
unresolved issues.  That link shows 3 -- there were 6 in total.)

Fixes for the following issues had already been committed, so I resolved them:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-185
  Improve error handling when required params not supplied

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-186
  Terminate connection from SearchClient properly

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-188
  Highlighter should accept weighted Queries (Compilers)

This issue is still outstanding:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-187
  Adapt to GC changes in Perl 5.15

Nick committed fixes for the following issues:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-182
  highlighter bug when searching for duplicate terms [wordX wordX]

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-191
  Unicode normalization

Nick, can you please try assigning those two issues to yourself and then
resolve them?  I just updated our JIRA "roles", so if there's anything you
weren't able to do before, you ought to be able to do it now.

> Are there any other issues you are aware of?

I added this one:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-197
  Clean whitespace for 0.3.0

Then there's this:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCY-197
  UAX #29 Tokenizer

Nick should set that issue to a "fix version" of 0.3.0 and resolve it.  That
way it will show up in the CHANGES entry for 0.3.0.

> I've taken the liberty of zapping the 0.2.3 release tickets in Jira since that
> release appears superseded in favor of a 0.3.0. If there are objections, please
> raise them here; I'll consider 0.2.3 a non-starter via lazy concensus if I've
> heard nothing otherwise in 72 hours.

JIRA has an option to "archive" an unreleased version; I used it previously
for 0.1.1.  We should do the same for 0.2.3.  Directions for navigating JIRA
are tedious to write out, so catch me on #lucy_dev.

> Consider this email me volunteering to catherd the 0.3.0 release toward the
> finish line.

Yay!

Marvin Humphrey