Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jayson Minard <ja...@bremeld.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/13 23:03:54 UTC

New tiny high-performance HTTP/Servlet server for Solr

Instead of within an Application Server such as Jetty, Tomcat or Wildly ...
Solr can also now be run standalone on Undertow without the overhead or
complexity of a full application server. Open-sourced on
https://github.com/bremeld/solr-undertow

solr-undertow

Solr running in standalone server - High Performance, tiny, fast, easy,
standalone deployment. Requires JDK 1.7 or newer. Less than 4MB download,
faster than Jetty, Tomcat and all the others. Written in the Kotlin language
<http://kotlinlang.org/> for the JVM.

Releases are available here
<https://github.com/bremeld/solr-undertow/releases> on GitHub.

This application launches a Solr WAR file as a standalone server running a
high performance HTTP front-end based on undertow.io (the engine behind
WildFly, the new JBoss). It has no features of an application server, does
nothing more than load Solr servlets and also service the Admin UI. It is
production-quality for a stand-alone Solr server.

Re: New tiny high-performance HTTP/Servlet server for Solr

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing, since in future Solr may move towards standalone server
this (undertow) could be one option.

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Can we get some stats? Do you have any numbers on performance?