Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/25 09:20:59 UTC

Bugzilla and nightly build

Hello,
What do you think of adding to bugzilla a new field "FIX VERSION" which we
would use to indicate in which version bug is fixed (JIRA has such field).

We could then use a search query to find all bugs fixed in any version but
also for upcoming release.
We could then put this link in Nightly build page so that users know what
bugs/enhancements nightly build version contains.

I think it would also make it clear in which version a bug was fixed.

We would also create new version soon in the process, either we call it
3.2-nightly or 3.2 (but how to indicate that version is not released ?).

If you're ok, do we have to ask for that to Infra team ?

Thanks
Regards
Philippe

Re: Bugzilla and nightly build

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sebb,
Look good to me.

regards

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Bugzilla and nightly build

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I see.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Bugzilla and nightly build

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 25. März 2017 10:20:59 MEZ schrieb Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>:
>Hello,
>What do you think of adding to bugzilla a new field "FIX VERSION" which
>we
>would use to indicate in which version bug is fixed (JIRA has such
>field).
>
>We could then use a search query to find all bugs fixed in any version
>but
>also for upcoming release.
>We could then put this link in Nightly build page so that users know
>what
>bugs/enhancements nightly build version contains.
>
>I think it would also make it clear in which version a bug was fixed.
>
>We would also create new version soon in the process, either we call it
>3.2-nightly or 3.2 (but how to indicate that version is not released
>?).
>

>If you're ok, do we have to ask for that to Infra team ?

I would be OK with such a change.

It would probably help a lot, if svn would relay the commit messages to the corresponding bug entries, if a bugzilla id was found (like the mechanism found in github).

Felix