Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com> on 2017/06/07 13:30:13 UTC

DistCp action preserving extended attributes

Hi,

I have a workflow which contains a DistCp action (Oozie 4.2.0 with distcp-action-0.2.xsd). The action is used to back up a file to another location. The file has extended attributes attached to it and I would like to also have them in the backup location. Using the DistCp command I can pass in the flag –px to preserve the extended attributes. I haven’t seen a way yet to preserve the attributes in the DistCp action in Oozie. Is there a way in the DistCp action to do this? So far, I haven’t seen a JIRA ticket covering this.

Best, Jan

Re: DistCp action preserving extended attributes

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
Almost forgot about this one. I will open a ticket for this one.

From: <db...@gmail.com> on behalf of Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 8:12 PM
To: <de...@oozie.apache.org>
Subject: Re: DistCp action preserving extended attributes

Actually, they were added in Hadoop 2.5. Oozie 4.2 and 4.3 use Hadoop 2.4.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jan, extended attributes were added in Hadoop 2.6+. We just bumped Hadoop

2.6 to Oozie master. Consider filing a jira to add this functionality to

distcp action.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Jan Hentschel <

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.