Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> on 2006/09/26 17:46:08 UTC

NewThreadExecutor and daemon threads

Shouldn't the threads created by NewThreadExecutor be daemon threads by
default?

--
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net

Re: NewThreadExecutor and daemon threads

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/27/06, Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> wrote:

> Trustin Lee wrote:
> > Hi Niklas,
> >
> > On 9/27/06, Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se> wrote:
> >>
> >> Shouldn't the threads created by NewThreadExecutor be daemon threads by
> >> default?
> >

> > The threads created by NewThreadExecutor are used for I/O processors,
> > which
> > were not daemon threads before.  Am I missing somethings?
> >
> Aha, ok. I thought they used to be daemon threads. My bad! ;)

And they are supposed to exit themselves when there are no sessions /
services to manage. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: NewThreadExecutor and daemon threads

Posted by Niklas Therning <ni...@trillian.se>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklas,