Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by keren nutch <ke...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/03/02 17:35:15 UTC

Empty search results using a merged index

I merged 20 seperate indexes into a master index. After I pointed to the master index, I got
empty search results. I looked at catalina.out, it says as follows.

 060302 092418 13 query request from 127.0.0.1
 060302 092418 13 query: canada
 060302 092418 13 searching for 20 raw hits
 060302 092419 13 total hits: 1319570

 It seemed that tt got results. Please let me know why I got empty
search results.

 Best regards,
 Keren

---------------------------------
Enrich your life at Yahoo! Canada Finance

Re: Empty search results using a merged index

Posted by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com>.
Are the segments folder present in the directory of crawl

Even they have to present

Rgds
Prabhu

Posted by keren nutch <ke...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi Byron,

 Thank you for reply. catalina.out didn't show segments. But it shows how many hits.

 Keren

Byron Miller <by...@yahoo.com> wrote: Sounds like it couldn't find your segments. Did
catalina.out show your segments were found or report
any other errors?

Posted by keren nutch <ke...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi Byron,

 We use Nutch 0.7.1. What version do you use. Maybe Nutch 0.7.1 doesn't support the merged index.

Posted by Byron Miller <by...@yahoo.com>.