Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/09/16 19:44:30 UTC

Embracing AssertJ

Hi devs,

I had a lot of fun writing some tests using AssertJ yesterday. Rather than specifying it in each project pom, I propose that we add the following libraries to the root project pom dependencies:

- assertj-core
- assertj-guava

Any objections?

I am experimenting with the assertions generator to see if we can take advantage of it for generating assertions, which could be extremely useful. I wish I had this years ago!

Lastly, I want to give a shout out to Andrew Gaul for the contribution of the ByteSourceAssert class in the assertj-guava library. Thanks Andrew!

/jd

Re: Embracing AssertJ

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Great! I will submit a PR with the changes I made to the pom. I agree that
assertj should *only* be in test scope, and that is how I currently have
it configured.

/jd

Re: Embracing AssertJ

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Re: Embracing AssertJ

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
>From the dependencies perspective, we should be OK there:

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.assertj/assertj-core/1.6.1

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.assertj/assertj-guava/1.2.0

We exclude the junit dependency (since we use TestNG), it¹s happy with
Guava, and I just ran full builds of the following repos with no issues:

jclouds
jclouds-chef
jclouds-cli
jclouds-karaf