Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by IT_KevinShaw <47...@qq.com> on 2013/07/23 11:53:00 UTC

How to improve the performance of KahaDB

Hello,

Well,now I'm testing the performance between KahaDB and MySQL.

In the past,I used job to synchronize data from one MySQL table to another,a
job had 10 threads and 1000 more of MySQL messages could be synchronized per
second.

Now I use ActiveMQ,KahaDB or MySQL for persistence.Things do not seems
OK,when I use ActiveMQ.Producer produce messages and only 674 messages can
be persistent into KahaDB per second,421 messages can be persistent into
MySQL.Message sizes < 1K.I wrote a connection pool for
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnection and each time of API call costs
0~15ms.

Here is my configuration.KahaDB is by default.
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="/var/kahadb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

How can I improve the performance of KahaDB?
Thank you.

Re: How to improve the performance of KahaDB

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
crank up the concurrency, so use 10 threads and 10 connections. the
journal will batch the writes to give better through put.
same holds for jdbc.
Also for JMS you can avoid a disk sync for every message send by using
a transacted session. Only the commit is a synchronous blocking call.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com