Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2013/04/29 14:16:08 UTC

migration of vm disks to another primary storage

Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I need to quickly migrate several vm images from one primary storage to another. The usual way would be to shut down the vm, disconnect disks and do Migraiton. However, this process id done by first copying vm image to a secondary storage and after to a new primary storage. For large disk images it would take a very long time.

Could some one please suggest which db tables i need changing to do migration manually with rsync/cp and db changes?

I am a bit pressed for time, otherwise I would have done it the GUI way

Thanks