Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/13 05:21:29 UTC

How to Set No of Mappers in program

How to set the no of mappers?

I am running a job with input file of 5000 records.but actually it is a
small file for hadoop..but i need to know whether it can be exceuted faster.

when i tried to run my job it took nearly 30 min to complete my job...
why so?

If i set my mappers to a lower count whether any reflection happens to my
job performance?

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*

Re: How to Set No of Mappers in program

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
you can configure the max split size, since you have one mapper per splits
this might be the way to go..

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
number of mappers depend on the number of dfs blocks you file spans across
, considering standard file input formatter. unlike reducers , where you
configure as how many reducers you want for your job.

thanks,
Rahul

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.