Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 15:53:15 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Dear Incubator Members,

I would like to start a vote about releasing Apache OpenMeetings Drupal
Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

There was already a positive vote on the developer mailing list:

+1 IPMC: yegor
+1 PPMC: solomax, albus, german, aaf(mentor), sebawagner
Wider community: Irina

Vote Thread:
http://markmail.org/message/qufzi46cpl242sqx

Changes are in the Changelog:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/plugins/drupal/1.0RC1/CHANGELOG

Release artefacts:
http://people.apache.org/~sebawagner/drupal-plugin-1.0-incubating/

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/plugins/drupal/1.0RC1

PGP release keys (signed using 93A30395):
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openmeetings/KEYS

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks!
Sebastian

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Upayavira,

the Drupal plugin relys on PHP API function. You need to implement
certain given PHP API calls. Pure JavaScript is not possible.

To be more specific: Drupal requires the plugin to provide certain
methods. Drupal expect a file "openmeetings.module"
and within that file it expects the methods:
function openmeetings_permission() {}
function openmeetings_menu() {}
function openmeetings_start_form($form_state, $node) {}
function openmeetings_cleanup() {}
Also it epxects a file: "openmeetings.install"
function openmeetings_enable() {}
function openmeetings_schema() {}
function openmeetings_uninstall() {}
function openmeetings_install() {}
And a file "openmeetings.info", that includes some version variables

I guess you can compare that to an overwrite in a given Java Class
that you implement.
Those are the hooks that are needed to integrate into Drupal, apart
from this there is no Drupal specific code in the plugin. The other
scripts could be also used (and are actually also used) in other
plugins and integrations.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Dear Incubator Members,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Dear Incubator members,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Incubator Members!

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll wait with Joomla plugin release until this will be resolved .....

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com
<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets talk to the legal team and discuss with them I don't think we
> will get a definite answer at the incubator list.

+1

Thank you for taking it serious.

> But one question remains: There was already a positive vote for the
> Moodle release. I will stop the release process now and will not send
> any announce.
> I will delete the release from
> /var/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openmeetings again until the legal
> issues are resolved.

Thank you once again!

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets talk to the legal team and discuss with them I don't think we
> will get a definite answer at the incubator list.

+1

Thank you for taking it serious.

> But one question remains: There was already a positive vote for the
> Moodle release. I will stop the release process now and will not send
> any announce.
> I will delete the release from
> /var/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/openmeetings again until the legal
> issues are resolved.

Thank you once again!

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings Drupal Plugin 1.0 Incubating Release Candidate 1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de