Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Johan Klijn <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/11 20:21:43 UTC

Unknown format version: -11

I downloaded the latest version of Lucene.NET and created a sample application. I want to try to open a index created by another application. When I try to open the index I get the error message "Unknown format version: -11".
Probably the index created by the other application is using a newer version. Do you know if this is true, and when Lucene.NET is going to support version 11?
Regards,
Johan.

Re: Unknown format version: -11

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
What is this "another application"? Lucene.NET can only open Lucene indexes
created by Lucene up to version 3.0.3. If this "another app" is using a
later version of Lucene, that'd explain why it can't be opened.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant