Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Marquez, Omar" <om...@navteq.com> on 2005/05/10 18:33:18 UTC

Autodeploy not working on Tomcat 5.5.9

Tomcat 5.5.9 running on Linux Fedora core 2

Tomcat upgraded from version 5.0.27  to version 5.5.9 + Admin app

Version 5.5.9 seems to run faster, however we cannot redeploy applications,
when a war file on the webapps folder is overwritten with a new version
tomcat ignores it and continues serving the old version.
Even if we undeploy the application from the Manager and then overwrite the
war file and restart the application tomcat continues serving the old app
.... from memory perhaps???

We have autodeploy="true" in the host and reload="yes" on the context .....

Please help! ideas anything is welcome.
Omar

--
Omar Marquez

Software Engineer  / Chicago
Telf. 312 894 7689
E-Mail: omar.marquez@navteq.com

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any
copy of it from your computer or paper files.

Re: Autodeploy not working on Tomcat 5.5.9

Posted by Lutz Zetzsche <Lu...@sea-rescue.de>.
Hi Omar,

Am Dienstag, 10. Mai 2005 18:33 schrieb Marquez, Omar:
> Tomcat 5.5.9 running on Linux Fedora core 2
>
> Tomcat upgraded from version 5.0.27  to version 5.5.9 + Admin app
>
> Version 5.5.9 seems to run faster, however we cannot redeploy
> applications, when a war file on the webapps folder is overwritten
> with a new version tomcat ignores it and continues serving the old
> version.
> Even if we undeploy the application from the Manager and then
> overwrite the war file and restart the application tomcat continues
> serving the old app .... from memory perhaps???

Do you have set unpackWARs="true"? If yes: Was the unpacked web
application also removed during the undeployment?

Another idea: Did you empty the work directory?

> We have autodeploy="true" in the host and reload="yes" on the context

It should be reloadable="true"! Just a typing error here, or is it wrong
in yor config file, too?

Best wishes

Lutz