Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2012/10/25 23:19:54 UTC

Re: [oodt-dev] Workflow Manager in wengine-branch chews up CPU

Hey Sean,

(CC'ing dev@oodt.a.o on my reply with your permission)

We are seeing this same issue in 0.5 wengine in the trunk for Apache OODT. I've also noticed
that though it eats up 99% of the CPU, it doesn't seem to hamper the machine at all. I think it
might have something to do with the thread spin waiting approach that we're taking in both.

I'll try and do some profiling of it over the next week. I have a few finish line tasks, but
workflow/task level and condition level expansion is fully working in Wengine right now and modulo
OODT-517 [1], OODT-518 [2], and OODT-519 [3], I think we're ready to go with an 0.5 initial release
of it in the next few weeks. I am integrating the system into our Snow Near-Real-Time processing
hopefully next week and should have some more numbers and information to report.

Cheers,
Chris

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-517
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-518
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-519

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Brian,

Yep we have that in wengine in OODT 0.5 trunk right now too.

The dirty workflow concept sounds neat -- could you elaborate?

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Brian Foster <ho...@me.com>.