Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Michael Ivanov <iv...@logit-ag.de> on 2022/10/08 19:35:55 UTC

qpid c++ broker status

Hallo,

Is qpid c++ broker still alive? I see that last release reported on apache
page is 1.39.0 from 2018 and last redhat rpm package I can find is for
centos7/redhat7 only. When I try to build it on rocky9 it fails because
of missing python2 packages.

Best regards,
--
Michael Ivanov

Re: qpid c++ broker status

Posted by Virgilio Fornazin <vi...@gmail.com>.
I used C++ broker for about a decade, it was able to send/receive 850000
messages / second (average 500 bytes, with lowest latency possible, near
few milliseconds on high load) on a 8-core (16 threads) 64gb RAM SCSI 15k
rpm disks, using non-persistent queues and AMQP 0-10. These performance we
are talking are of machines a decade ago (2012 XEON E5690, 3rd CORE2
generation).

It supports clustering out of box, but it doesn't have a good UI to manage
/ administer, but QMF protocol is able to perform lots of tasks.

If you need raw pérformance, there's nothing that compares to.

Re: qpid c++ broker status

From: Daniil Kirilyuk <da...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, October 10, 2022 at 11:02 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org <us...@qpid.apache.org>
Subject: Re: qpid c++ broker status

Re: qpid c++ broker status

Posted by Daniil Kirilyuk <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: qpid c++ broker status

Posted by Paul <pg...@randomlogic.com>.

Re: qpid c++ broker status

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
The proton bindings will certainly work against activemq artemis. The
brokers do have different semantic behaviours in some areas however,
so it really depends on how your broker is configured and what
behaviours you rely on.

Re: qpid c++ broker status

Posted by Jonathan Schaeffer <jo...@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr>.
Hello,