Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shishir Saxena <sh...@tcs.com> on 2011/02/17 13:44:53 UTC

Critical question regarding JIRA issue number 'WW-3461'!

Hi

I am facing a critical production performance problem for Struts 2.2.1.
>From thread dumps, the issue (See details below in P.S.) seems to be
similar to the one addressed by JIRA issue number 'WW-3461' .

Since Struts 2.2.2 is still not released, is it safe that only the patch
related with 'AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java' to be applied and
hence,the related application to be rolled out in production environment?
By safe, I mean that no other Struts2 component using this class starts
behaving in an unexpected manner whenevr that patch is being used.

It would be great if this answer could be responded as the decision to roll
out corresponding application in production depends on the same.

Thanks!

P.S.: Current Thread dump says:-
"httpSSLWorkerThread-6357-65&quot; daemon prio=3 tid=0x02d51400 nid=0x728
waiting for monitor entry [0xaed7b000..0xaed7fa70]
   java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED (on object monitor)
    at
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.getValidators
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java)
    - waiting to lock &lt;0xcc1b9b28&gt; (a
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager)
    at
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:115)
    at
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:107)
    at
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:102)
"

Regards
Shishir

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Critical question regarding JIRA issue number 'WW-3461'!

Posted by Shishir Saxena <sh...@tcs.com>.
It could take some time. I'll revert once done.

Thanks for prompt action.

Regards
Shishir

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Critical question regarding JIRA issue number 'WW-3461'!

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I've reopened that issue, I'm going to prepare a new patch. Could you test it ?

Kind regards
--
Łukasz

Posted by Shishir Saxena <sh...@tcs.com>.
Thanks Wendy for your reply!

Actually, I am not developing any patches but want to fix one of the
production issues based on Struts2 through a patch; hence the question :-)

I have updated the thread with my testing result in my previous mail where
I mentioned that I could not see my problem being resolved. Yes, I am
expecting some advice from the original author on this one.

Regards
Shishir

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shishir Saxena <sh...@tcs.com>.
Hi

When I applied the patch, I am receiving the same thread dump messages as
before:
"httpSSLWorkerThread-6357-20&quot; daemon prio=3 tid=0x019f9c00 nid=0xb4
waiting for monitor entry [0xb5e79000..0xb5e7f870]
   java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED (on object monitor)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.getValidators
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java)
 - waiting to lock &lt;0xcc1b9b28&gt; (a
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:115)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:107)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.validate
(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:102)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doBeforeInvocation
 (ValidationInterceptor.java:222)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept
 (ValidationInterceptor.java:261)
 at
 org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept
(AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:68)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept
 (MethodFilterInterceptor.java:98)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
 (DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept
 (ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:133)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
 (DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept
 (ParametersInterceptor.java:207)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept
 (MethodFilterInterceptor.java:98)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
 (DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept
 (ParametersInterceptor.java:207)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept
 (MethodFilterInterceptor.java:98)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
 (DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
 at
 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept
 (StaticParametersInterceptor.java:190)
 at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke
 (DefaultActionInvocation.java:248)
 at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.MultiselectInterceptor.intercept
 (MultiselectInterceptor.java:75)
"

Hence, the patch does not seem to help me here. Any comments?

Thanks
Shishir