Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2018/07/24 09:25:26 UTC

[PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation

Hi All,

We currently have four sources of documentation [1]. Which make managing the documentation convoluted, and worse, make navigating and searching the documentation really difficult.

I have taken the current documentation and combined them into one repo, then created 7 sections:

CloudStack Concepts and Terminology
Quick Installation Guide
Installation Guide
Usage Guide
Developers Guide
Plugins Guide
Release Notes

I haven't changed any of the content, but I've moved some of it around to make more sense (to me).  You can see the result on RTD [2]

I'd like to PROPOSE to move this demo version of the documentation over to the Apache repos and make it THE documentation source, update the website, and mark the current repos/sites as archive data.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git <https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs.git> is a bit of a dodge-podge of resources
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-install.git is the install guide
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin.git is the current admin manual.
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn.git is the release notes for individual releases

[2]  https://beta-cloudstack-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: [PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
We can certainly split them out from release notes quite easily

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

I like it but wonder if Upgrade section needs to be added? ..

Posted by Antoine Le Morvan <an...@le-morvan.net>.
Hello,

it would be interesting if the translations as french one were functional.
Otherwise I really like your project.

Antoine.

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
I like this, too, Paul.

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.
I like this, too, Paul.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

AW: [PROPOSE] Combining Apache CloudStack Documentation

Posted by "Swen - swen.io" <me...@swen.io>.
Hi Paul,

thank you for this! I like it.

Best regards,
Swen

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marc-Aurèle Brothier <ma...@brothier.org>.
I like the idea and the RTD. Thanks Paul for moving the data around.