Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Asare Samuel <s_...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/06/05 14:29:46 UTC

Java-Ecommerce

I am trying to create using a small sales tool like that of amazon(ie shopping cart, checkout).

  1)Just wondered if there is already a interface for this already.

  2)Also how do i go about creating the actual money transactions? Do I use paypall.

  3)How do you prevent double purchasing-eg one product in stock-user1 is the first to put it in cart but continues to shop. User2 comes along and puts same product in cart but goes to checkout quicker.

  I know you could edit the stock level as soon as a product is added to a cart. But really technically the product is not sold until confirmation in checkout. And the user may not even buy.

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Tryit now.

Re: Java-Ecommerce

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Sam-

Depends on the backend you're using
Are you using a DB with a JDBC Datasource?

M--

Re: [OT] Java-Ecommerce

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Java-Ecommerce

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net>.

Re: [OT] RE: Java-Ecommerce

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Call!

There are a couple of  ways to persist customer information such as writing
customer info to cookies, serialisation or writing to DB
My personal favorite is SSB so I suggest ensuring your selected Shopping
Cart System supports Stateful Session Beans
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/guidelines/designing_enterprise_applications/ejb_tier/session_beans/index.html

sounds like a fun project..please keep us apprised of your progress
Martin--

Posted by James McIntosh <ja...@snaphire.com>.
My recommendation is www.konacart.com for a open-source java ecommerce
because it is based on OS-commerce