Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/26 18:02:36 UTC

Fair Scheduler documentation?

Hi,

Ok so we're setting up the fair scheduler on one of our clusters.

The only documentation I could find is the wiki, and then one or two power points...

Is there any source that contains all of the possible options allowed in the allocations.xml file?

I came across something like <maxMaps> somewhere the other day.. couldn't find it. Not sure if its a valid
option.

Also is there any logged output when the allocations file is read and there's a bad xml parameter?

Thx

-Mike

Re: Fair Scheduler documentation?

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
The fair scheduler docs are available at:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/fair_scheduler.html

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Michael Segel
<mi...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> > From: michael_segel@hotmail.com
> > To: general@hadoop.apache.org
> > Subject: Fair Scheduler documentation?
> > Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:02:36 -0500
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Ok so we're setting up the fair scheduler on one of our clusters.
> >
> > The only documentation I could find is the wiki, and then one or two
> power points...
> >
> > Is there any source that contains all of the possible options allowed in
> the allocations.xml file?
> >
> > I came across something like <maxMaps> somewhere the other day.. couldn't
> find it. Not sure if its a valid
> > option.
> [SNIP]

> (Found using Yahoo! as my search engine... )
>
> Ok this explains why I can't implement maxMaps on my cloud where I'm
> testing out the fair scheduler.
>
> Also is there a way to specify the pool to be used at the time the job is
> launched?
>
> Thx
>
> -Mike

> The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
> Hotmail.

Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer
data: www.cloudera.com